Friday, June 5, 2009

The things I have to do before I can sit down to write...

As I've mentioned in the 'About Me' section, I tend to do most of my writing at work. Before I can even start, there's a bunch of stuff that I try to do so I can spend my time writing. Unfortunately, by the time I'm finished, I'm tired of looking at a computer screen and I'm, well... tired. I do a lot of data entry at my job, and though I have come to despise spreadsheets, it has to get done. I'm putting off all that work right now... which I know I shouldn't because my writing takes a hit. After doing all these spreadsheets, I find I'm less likely to have a productive writing day than when I don't do them. So should I write first and do my work later? I'm not to sure of this because I don't think my work would get done...
I'm seriously considering extending my deadline... lately reaching that daily word count goal is getting harder and harder, especially since I believe I'm nearing the end of the book and am trying to wrap it up nicely, I find problems that sometimes takes hours of thinking (just thinking, no writing) to fix! I think I'll do what I can until the due date but I'm doubting myself a bit here...
Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment