Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Blast from the Past

I just found this picture of me after I was published for the first time. I think I was fifteen at the time and my family and I were so excited! I had a short story published in Young Writers of Canada, I think it was called 'Anna and the Whisperer.' If you look at the cake my mom made, it's in the shape of a book with the page sticking up. How cool is that?! I just submitted an excerpt of my novel to Glimmer Train today so fingers crossed that they accept it!
With December comes Christmas break and finals, of course, but I'm excited to be able to read non-school books and get tons done on my own book. I have no plans to travel, except to go home to visit my parents and then go visit my grandparents and I shall enjoy my break thoroughly. What are your plans, people?

1 comment:

  1. My plans are the usual: work. Circumstances change but the general theme remains the same. But it's ok.

    That's a lovely picture and that cake looks delish!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete