Monday, November 16, 2009

My life in University involves essays, essays, reading and, Oh ya, essays...

Well... I still haven't finished my book, which is really depressing considering I had planned to finish it at the end of August before school began. I'm in my third month of University and things are speeding up, leaving me breathless and with no time to do anything but homework. I recently had an essay handed back to me and my TA said, "Your writing reads like you're talking to an old friend. Stop it." I had to laugh out loud... I find it so difficult to separate myself from my writing in professional essays. When I do, the writing feels boring and sluggish. I really don't like conforming in my writing, but if I want to get a good grade, I'll have to. Lets just say that I'll be happy when Christmas holidays roll around. I plan on sitting around, finishing my book, writing a few shorts and eating Christmas cookies. Oh ya, and candy canes, too. Hopefully I can read a couple good books, too.
On another note, I'd like to congratulate my dad, who has broken into the publishing world by writing articles. I'm very proud to say that I take after him as a writer :) . Good job Pops!
Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your dad!

    And you, Kat, don't be so hard on yourself. Writing is art and can't be rushed. Yes you have to be disciplined but you shouldn't kick yourself around if you don't meet a deadline every once in a while.

    Just take a deep breath and get back to writing.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jai! I'll pass your congrats along to my dad, and thanks also for the encouragement. It's always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete