Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspired by others

I have a huge list of authors that I am completely in love with. My top favorites right now are Maria V Snyder, Rachel Vincent, Erin Mccarthy, and recently I've gotten into Marian Keyes. I love the stories they weave and I aspire to write like them. Not exactly like them, of course. I have my own unique voice and my own stories to tell, but I love their books so much that I can't help but think,"Damn it, why didn't I think of that?!" I love their characters. Some of them are so dear to me, that I wish that they were real.

I am very pleased to say that I recently got an autographed copy of Maria V Snyder's Fire Study. I was so excited! I couldn't believe that Maria would take the time to write a message for me. Sometimes I forget that my favorite writers are people, not God's or Muses...

Anyways, till tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment